Volunteer: Website design
Volunteer: Website design
Paws Animal Wildlife Sanctuary * Laurens, SC, US
Paws Animal Wildlife Sanctuary, Inc. (PAWS) is an all-volunteer non-profit organization focusing on wildlife education, rescue and rehabilitation. We operate out of South Carolina and carry rehabilitation permits from the state and federal government, as well as USDA and USFWS permits for legal public display of resident animals in wildlife education programs. Our organization is volunteer-based allowing for 100% of donations to go directly toward animal care. Our mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and release orphaned or injured wildlife, and to provide educational live-animal presentations that promote peaceful coexistence with native North American wildlife.
PAWS is looking for a volunteer with website experience who can help us rewrite our old website to access new features, such as being usable via cell phones, and incorporating sales features, fundraising, on-line forms, etc.
We are looking for a format that can be self maintained in the future, although, we are not opposed to keeping a volunteer on do continue maintenance for us.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work through assigned project list to complete each in turn
- Estimate hours needed per task (for planning purposes)
- Create lists of work needed to include the various aspects of the new website
- Timely attendance based on mutually agreed upon schedule
- Log work done and observations made following each session
- Ability to work independently while communicating regularly with director.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Exhibit good teamwork and communication skills with all team members
- Report issues to manager in a timely manner
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Must have some experience in the area of website design and maintenance
- Must have own access to internet and to perform work
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; have high energy and enthusiasm for completion of tasks; possess team building skills; and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to work individually and with a team with or without direct supervision
How to Apply
To apply for this unpaid position, please reply with your cover letter, resume and references to:
Paws Animal Wildlife Sanctuary
PO Box 157
Waterloo, SC 29384
WHY VOLUNTEER? We can help you fill gaps in your resume, show your concern for the environment, prove that you are an active asset in the world, help you complete your required community hours for your school or job, allow you to develop new skill sets, add new dimensions to your life, provide you with a productive way to spend your spare time, build new relationships and more. While pay is necessary to feed your body, volunteering can feed your soul. We can help with that last part!
About Paws, Inc
PO Box 157, Waterloo, SC 29384, US
Paws Animal Wildlife Sanctuary, Inc focuses on education about our wildlife neighbors to promote peaceful co-existence, rescue of displaced wildlife kept as companions, and rehabiliation of wild born animals back into the wild.
After nearly 20 years of private wildlife rehabilitation, education, and rescue, PAWS, Inc was set up within the past few years to accomodate the growing needs of wildlife in this area. We hope that by expanding, we can educate more, rescue more, and rehabilitate more than we could have continued to do as individuals. Your help is greatly needed.