*Virtual* Create Hygiene and Cleaning Kits for at risk families
Furnishing Hope Inc
Help families transitioning from homeless shelters to independant livng. For each home we furnish, we supply the family with a cleaning and hygeine kit. We need help gathering supplies and assembling the kits. This is a great project for groups, teams, clubs, etc.
Furnishing Hope provides home furnishings and supplies to families as they transition into independent living. Through thoughtful design, we empower families as they regain independence, dignity and stability.
Please Express Interest to be emailed a toolkit with what is required to gather and assemble.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Furnishing Hope Inc
3857 Birch St 503, NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92660, US
Founded in 2003, Furnishing Hope provides home furnishings and supplies to families as they transition to independent living. Through thoughtful design, we empower families as they regain independence , dignity and stability.
Furnishing Hope’s Accomplishments:
- Furnished over 800 homes and provided over 2,000 beds with the help of 5,000 volunteers.
- Furnished 483 homes for our wounded military heroes.
- Furnished over 300 homes for single-parent families transitioning out of homelessness.
- In 2017 we opened the FH Home Retail Store in Newport Beach, CA to serve as our Social Enterprise.
- In 2019 we launched the National Pillow Project which does more to help families break the cycle of poverty. Our recipients are taught to sew and paid for each pillow sewn, earning up to $400 a month.
- In 2020 we expanded and relocated our FH Home Retail Store @ The Tustin Marketplace.
- Furnished and decorated 60 homes built by Habitat for Humanity. Eleven homes in the San Juan Capistrano project for military families.
- Furnished 36 apartments for Orangewood Foundation’s Rising Tide Community.
- Furnished three homes and one 22-bed facility, sheltering 60 homeless, disabled veterans in Anaheim & Garden Grove.