4 people are interested
Volunteers Needed! Aurora At Home Hospice
4 people are interested
Here at Aurora at Home Hospice, we're looking for some help to bring a little joy to our patients! Here are just a few ways you can give your time!
- We're looking for friendly visitors to sit with patients in their homes for 1-2 hours. You can visit, play a game, read a book or just sit with a patient to give the caregiver a break! *Masks are required while in patient homes*
- Send cards each week to most of our patients. We're looking for people who would like to both create the cards we send, and write a kind message & send them each week.
- Cheer up a hospice patient by arranging flowers & delivering them to patient homes! We're looking for volunteers to put together flowers on Tuesdays from 8:30-10:30, and you can deliver them to a patient on your way home!
- Consider making a craft! We will work with what your talents are. Are you a sewer? You could help us make memory bears or fidget quilts! We're also looking for people to make some seasonal or holiday crafts to help our patients enjoy each Holiday or Season.
- Make a weekly phone call to check in with our patients, visit and see if they need any supplies going into the weekend.
We're looking for people or groups in the community within Kenosha County to to consider creating cards for us, along with a thoughtful message inside. We would give you some ideas of what to write inside the cards, as well as how to decorate. Donations can be made as a one-time donation, or as a repeat donation such as one time a month. I’m also happy to provide any necessary supplies and pick up completed cards as needed.
*Volunteers & AAH team members are mandated to recieve the Covid-19 vaccine as of 9/20/21.
If you’re interested in donating or learning more, please contact me at Erica.Reed@AAH.org or by calling (262) 729-0010.
About Aurora at Home - Hospice
116 N Dodge St, Suite 8, Burlington, WI 53105, US
Aurora at Home - Hospice is a not-for profit agency serving all of eastern Wisconsin. We're taking the lead in end-of-life care, assuring that people are able to complete their life's journey with dignity and compassion, surrounded by loved ones whose needs are also being met.
When you become a hospice volunteer with Aurora at Home, you create a comforting environment for people, bringing them more joy, decreasing their anxiety and enhancing their quality of life.
1010 35th StKenosha, WI 53140
August 17, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training