Poppy Life Care Foundation, Inc.
Poppy Life Care is approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization in the United States. We are endorsed by GuideStar which specializes in the reporting of U.S. non-profit companies. We have many opportunities to make an impact, grow your network and business portfolio while building a non-profit and working in an agile startup environment. We hope you will consider us in your search!
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
We are paving the way to education and care programs and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference. Candidates should excel in fast-paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do, and ideally have a strong background in education, business, non-profits, or startups.
We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available!
Not only are we passionate about what we do, but WHY we do it, which is to help children and their families that are living with spectrum disorders, ADHD, anxiety, depression, and more. We want to do our part in changing their quality of life for the better. We believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
Check us out at www.poppylifecare.org
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
What You Need for This Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred
- 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience preferred
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Highly detail-oriented
What's in It for You as Our Volunteer:
- You'll make an impact to help empower others.
- Build your resume and LinkedIn portfolio with unique startup experience and the ability to build a non-profit company.
- Remote work and flexible work schedules.
- Get experience in your area of interest.
- Advancing your career by improving job prospects.
- Fulfill college or university internship or volunteer requirements.
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions to the development of a non-profit
- Providing strategic forecasting to ensure the growth of a start-up.
- Letter of recommendations after 90 days of commitment.
- Increase your network within the community and with business connections.
- PLUS have fun learning- there is so much opportunity!
Remote and flexible work schedule, including 4-8 hours per week. Meetings may be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). 3 month commitment required.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
****** MUST LIVE IN THE U.S. TO APPLY ******
About Poppy Life Care Foundation, Inc.
4590 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 500, Newport Beach, CA 92501, US
Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents struggling with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local business, healthcare groups, academic institutions and professionals alike.
We believe that we can make a real impact on children's health by implementing unique care programs that include an interdisciplinary approach to education, treatment and therapies. We also believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
Poppy Kids Educational Curriculum - we need bright minds and skills to help organize these programs, implement and promote them withing schools. The purpose of the education curriculum is to provide media such as video, children's and parents books or packages that provide guidance, promote acceptance and encourage lifestyle changes. In addition, these media outlets can be resources for parents and children alike to help them cope with daily challenges or ongoing pains.
Poppy Care Directors Program -- This program offers in-home care and support for kids with autism, ADHD, anxiety or depression. The purpose is to relieve parents of the often times demanding therapy sessions, provide an in-home "assistant" that gives parents the ease of mind that they have someone there to help them. As this program develops, there are more support systems created that we will implement.