Resale Store & Warehouse Volunteer: Electronic Shop
West Houston Assistance Ministries
Second Blessing Resale Store is seeking a volunteer to work in the back of the store handling donations and, as needed in the front assisting customers with moving large items to their vehicles. Specific duties include:
- Lift and sort through boxes of electronics (lamps/radios/TV’s/DVR’s/digital audio) donations.
- Repair, test and clean as needed.
- Prepare items for the sales floor with proper tags and other information.
- Items that cannot be resold, prepare for recycling.
- Always displays a pleasant, positive, customer service attitude.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Assists cashiers at the registers.
- Sorts and bags/boxes items for the customers.
- Assists customers to their vehicle when needed
- Assists customers at the jewelry and collectable cabinets when needed or assigned.
- Assists customers on the sales floor by answering questions or moving items to a register.
- Assists with stocking merchandise the sales floor areas with products.
- Assists in assigned areas of the warehouse, TBA by warehouse manager.
- Assists with the moving of furniture or other heavy items as needed.
- Obtain assistance for customers in transporting large items to their vehicles.
- Maintains the checkout counter area in a clean and orderly fashion, maintaining adequate supplies, and restocking the station for the next day.
- Assist to ensure that the store & warehouse are neat and orderly for the next business day
- The ability to listen to instructions and learn from those instructions.
About West Houston Assistance Ministries
10501 Meadowglen Lane, 3100 Rodgerdale, Houston, TX 77042, US
We seek to carry out Christ's command to love and provide for those in need.
Care ministry offering aid to empower needy in the West Houston community to realize their self worth. Services include food pantry, job search facility, ESL classes, Holiday programs. Second Blessing Thrift Store provides financial support to operations.