26 people are interested
Guest Blog Writer
ORGANIZATION: Willis Dady Homeless Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
26 people are interested
*This is a virtual opportunity.* Willis Dady has a new virtual volunteer opportunity! We will be revamping the blog on our website to include submissions from volunteers. These could cover a wide variety of topics and interests that fit under the wide umbrella of issues that Willis Dady strives to address.
Research based/ more formal blog post ideas:
- Housing First model
- Permanent Supportive Housing model
- Cost-Study results from homeless services (if you search in a library or school’s journal database you should be able to find articles/resources about this)
- Client confidentiality and homelessness (if there are studies about the importance of confidentiality especially)
- Medical care and homelessness
- Mental health and homelessness
- Childcare and homelessness
- Education and homelessness
- Employment and homelessness
- Law enforcement and homelessness
- Food insecurity and homelessness
- Rural homelessness rates & coexisting problems
- Linn County, Benton County, Jones County homelessness stats
Volunteer Opportunities/Projects: (Writing How To’s on how to make)
- Tie blankets
- Toiletry kits
- Emergency kits (fist-aid fanny packs, basically)
Resource Spotlights (interviews with local agencies/resources to discuss how their services help our clients/community)
- Any of the organizations on the resource lists: https://www.linncounty.org/130/Community-Resources
- Any organizations on our partners page/ who we refer people too: https://www.willisdady.org/partners
- Length: 3-7 paragraphs
- Appropriate citations should be included (in-text citations and a references section at the end)
- No political or religious content
Willis Dady reserves the right to make necessary adjustments and edits to all submissions.
Submissions and any questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
20 More opportunities with Willis Dady Homeless Services
About Willis Dady Homeless Services
1247 4TH AVE SE, CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52403, US
Willis Dady empowers clients to break the cycle of homelessness and become self-sufficient, and provides shelter and prevention services to the homeless and near-homeless.
Our goal is to help as many struggling people as possible to avoid needing shelter altogether, and for those who do enter shelter to help move them into permanent housing as quickly as possible.
1247 4th Ave SECedar Rapids, IA 52403
January 23, 2023
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Crisis Intervention
- Disaster Response
- Adult Education
- People 55+