InDesign Layout Designer
Black Power 96 Radio
About this Job Join a dynamic team producing Black Power media print publications! Our volunteer layout designers:
Our volunteer layout designers have:
- Work together with the production team, mainly during the 3rd week of each month to lay in articles and photos, make corrections provided by proofreaders and prepare the final pdf to send to the printer.
- Get creative with proposals to improve the look of our publications with modifications to the layout template or special designs.
What’s in it for you?
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and your own subscription to Creative Suite.
- Computer and internet access.
- Knowledge of the Asana project management tool or willingness to learn how to use it - we’ll provide an orientation and training to our processes.
- Involvement with the growing Black Power movement.
- Hands-on experience in print publication design and production. Build your portfolio.
- Meet other like-minded people and stay connected and engaged.
Join an exciting project producing news and analysis from the African Internationalist perspective. Everyone welcome!
01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Black Power 96 Radio
1245 18th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33705, US
Defend the human and civil rights of the African community and address the grave disparities in education, health and economic development.
WBPU Black Power 96.3 FM is radio by and for the black community!
The new community station located in St. Petersburg, FL is a project of the non-profit African People’s Education and Defense Fund! We deliver a fresh sound featuring locally produced music and neighborhood news, as well as news and information from the Caribbean, Africa and the world.
96.3 FM stands tall as a non-commercial radio station owned and controlled by the black community of south St. Pete where 70 percent live under the poverty level and where full access to employment, housing, health care and quality education is routinely denied.
Today over 90 percent of the airwaves are controlled by six corporations - Comcast, News Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner and CBS. Clear Channel alone owns more than 1000 radio stations and 80 percent of the music playlists in the U.S. are identical.
Black Power 96.3 FM addresses these disparities by serving as a hub for the training and employment of broadcast professionals, musicians and engineers.