Local Disaster Response - Schoolcraft County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross: Michigan Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
To serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker (in-training) on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
The DAT Trainee is the entry level position for the DAT program. As part of the DAT training program, the DAT Trainee will respond to local disasters and successfully complete assigned training.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Follows the direction of on-scene team leader to support the response.
- Completes all required training to become a DAT Service Associate within 6 months.
- Attends regularly scheduled volunteer/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Communicates availability to DAT Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the DAT leadership.
- Commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Able to respond reliably when on call.
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT standards and procedures.
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
All training provided! Training can be done 100% online.
Must be able to be on call for 12 hour shifts and able to respond to an emergency within 2 hours. Shifts are flexible and scheduled by the DAT Trainee.
64 More opportunities with American Red Cross: Michigan Region4 Reviews
About American Red Cross: Michigan Region
7800 Outer Drive West, Suite 205, Detroit, MI 48235, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Schoolcraft CountyManistique, MI 49854
April 20, 2023
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. DAT members must be able to commit to scheduled on-call shifts. Shifts are flexible and scheduled by the DAT responder.
- Able to respond within 2 hours to an emergency while on call. Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.