At FOCUS, our mission is to embrace and equip families of children with disabilities to make everyday life better. FOCUS (Families of Children under Stress, Inc.) was founded in 1983 by parents seeking support for themselves and for their children with rare genetic illnesses. We quickly grew from a small living-room support group into an organization with innovative programs for both parents and their children with disabilities. After 38 years of growth, our organization now provides services for more than 4,500 Georgia families (20,000+ individuals).
We are preparing for our annual Gala. Like many nonprofit organizations, we are transitioning to a virtual platform. We are looking for a skilled and creative person to help us with editing videos in preparation for our main day. This person would need to have their own video editing software and work well in a remote environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story
- Assemble raw footage into video editing software
- Input sound to enhance footage, to include adding music or voice-overs
- Input graphics, photos, a-roll, or b-roll video footage to enhance footage
- Improve or correct lighting, coloring, faulty footage
- Work closely with staff to present rough and final drafts in a timely manner
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of using raw footage from Zoom and mobile device cameras
- Experience creating video grids
- Ability to create cartoon infographics a plus
- Proficient in editing software programs
- Ability to take and follow direction, while having a creative eye for improvements
- Quick learner
- Dependable and reliable
- Creative thinker
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Please send us a link of any examples you have. Thank you!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
3825 Presidential Parkway, Suite 103, Atlanta, GA 30340, US
FOCUS provides emotional, informational, and physical support to parents of children with disabilities or with ongoing medical needs. FOCUS families deal with a variety of developmental delays, including rare syndromes, cerebral palsy, heart problems, immune deficiencies, and neurological involvement. FOCUS provides a network of parents who share common experiences with each other. FOCUS families provide each other with a sense of community, sharing the joys and frustrations of parenting a child with extra-special needs.
Just some of the ways FOCUS supports families: Extra Special Saturday Respite, Camp Hollywood summer day camp, Camp Kool Kidz summer day camp, Fun family activities, Gatherings for medically fragile families, Annual education conference, Under the Stars family fun weekend, Camp Infinity overnight camp for teens, Adapted swim team, and other adapted recreational events, like Triathalon. We have volunteer opportunities available year-round. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Volunteers must fill out an application, consent to a background check if over 18 years old, and possibly attend an orientation session for specific activities.