PRISM - Seeking Front Desk Volunteers!
PRISM is currently seeking Front Desk volunteers to help support our program operations! We offer a very flexible schedule and are eager to have new members to our team. If you have customer service or reception experience, this may be a great opportunity for you!
Volunteer Job Responsibilities:
- All participants, volunteers and visitors should be treated with respect, courtesy, and a friendly demeanor.
- Volunteers are expected to provide great customer service.
- Volunteers are to adopt the perspective that any error related to PRISM policy by a participant, volunteer, or visitor is likely due to a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge rather than on purpose. Whenever a conflict or misunderstanding with a participant policy or procedure situation arises, the volunteer is to consult with PRISM staff for advice and guidance.
- Volunteers are provided with and expected to wear a name tag while volunteering.
Volunteer Duties and Requirements
The Front Desk Volunteer is the critical first point of contact with participants. PRISM takes great pride in treating every person with dignity and honoring the diverse strengths and abilities each person brings. Volunteers working at the Front Desk will perform a variety of duties including:
- Greet participants, volunteers, and visitors in a warm, friendly and welcoming manner
- Directly serve participants with check-in
- Provide information accurately and in a timely manner such as phone numbers of other social service agencies
- Answer phone inquiries and direct caller to appropriate staff
- Attempt to discern a participant’s or visitor’s native language whose first language is other than English and contact the appropriate PRISM staff member or case manager
- Maintain a clean, safe, welcoming, and orderly work and reception environment
- Notify staff or Lead Volunteer of any issues
- Stay informed of changes to PRISM’s processes and services as well as that of other social service agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Lead Volunteer Duties and Requirements
Lead volunteers must meet all of above duties and requirements plus:
- Update volunteers with information for day and shift, as well as with information on changes to PRISM’s processes and services and that of other social service agencies
- Orient and train new volunteers to Front Desk operations
- Be a resource for volunteers
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience:
- Effective interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive, direct, and positive approach with participants, staff and other volunteers
- Experience working with diverse populations with the demonstrated ability to communicate and relate effectively to a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to learn and acquire overall knowledge of PRISM, its services and staff, and other social service agencies
- Volunteers with experience in retail and/or direct customer service do particularly well here
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required
- Must not have a misdemeanor or felony record
The Front Desk volunteers report to the Office Coordinator, who arranges the schedule for volunteer shifts and staffing.
1220 Zane Ave No, Golden Valley, MN 55422, US
To provide social services and connections that empower people in our community to build healthy, stable lives.
At PRISM, those in need will always find an ally. We promise to treat every person with the inherent dignity they deserve. We trust in the power of our community as together we meet our neighbor's right to healthy food, proper clothing, and housing stability. We are humbled by the trust extended to us by our many partners, and pledge to be an exceptional partner in and for our communities. We promise to empower those with whom we work in the cause of building healthy, stable lives.