The American Red Cross needs a Fundraising Administrative Assistant! (Virtual)
American Red Cross - Southeastern Pennsylvania Region
Thank you for your interest! This role will assist with research and administrative projects that help fulfill fundraising needs and annual fundraising goals.
If you're an organized person with a strong attention to detail, this may be the perfect position for you!
You will work with our team virtually, from the comfort of your own home. Shifts are flexible, the only requirement is at least (1) 4-hour shift per week! Apply here or visit www.redcross.org to learn more.
- Research potential donors including company's key contacts, charitable giving history, community involvement, areas of giving and contact information.
- Identify relationships between prospects and potential board connections.
- Assist with gift processing, including daily gift log, bundling, and mailing gifts to processing center.
- Provide information to Fundraiser or Stewardship Volunteer for follow-up.
- Prepare PowerPoint deck presentations for corporate donors.
- Print and send outgoing donor communications, such as event mailings (invitations), disaster solicitation mailings during national disaster, donor mailings for end-of-year solicitation, and postcards to steward donors (examples include postcards for Turn and Test, for Thanksgiving, or holiday postcards)
- Provide general office assistance as related to development, including photocopying, as well as assisting with projects and other duties as assigned.
- Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the Red Cross team
- Knowledge of Red Cross structure, services policies, and procedures
- Knowledge and familiar with using research tools (example: Searching the internet to research donors)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Well organized, responsible, trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Orientation to American Red Cross
- Development Department Orientation
- Attend Red Cross trainings and meetings
- Gain professional fundraising support experience with a well-recognized and respected international organization
- Play a significant role in helping the American Red Cross carry out its mission of helping individuals and families prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies
Length of Appointment
At least one 4 hour shift per week (between 8am and 5pm)
About American Red Cross - Southeastern Pennsylvania Region
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.