3 people are interested
Ever felt caught in the middle and had someone support?
ORGANIZATION: Delaware Juvenile Court Mentoring Programs
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
"You cannot cover a bullet wound with a band-aid" - Anonymous
The Together Everyone Achieves More, or T.E.A.M. Program, is a one-to-one mentor matching program that provides a positive role model and fun experiences for youth in grades 4-12.
T.E.A.M. is housed within Delaware Juvenile Court. The Court's Mentoring programs aspire to shift youth and young adults away from the Court system, support the education of life skills, and build positive relationships with the support of community role models.
Once matched, Mentors will:
- Provide support through consistent visits/calls
- Attend engaging monthly large group meetings
- Create engaging activities that meet both Mentor and Mentee needs
- Support Mentee to reason about interests and life directions
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Delaware Juvenile Court Mentoring Programs
145 N Union Street, Delaware, OH 43015, US
Delaware County Juvenile Court Mentoring Programs aspire to shift youth away from the justice system by supporting the education of life skills and building positive relationships with the support of community role models.
Mentoring the is the process of sharing personal knowledge, skills, and experience. Delaware Juvenile Court offers two mentoring programs:
The Mothers Offering Mothering Support, or M.O.M.S. Program, pairs first-time mothers with experienced mothers as Mentors. M.O.M.S. strives to lay a foundation for parenting and build independence skills that a new mother can use throughout life.
The Together Everyone Achieves More, or T.E.A.M. Program pairs adolescents aged 10-14 with a caring adult to show them the power of positive choices. T.E.A.M. strives to encourage self esteem, reduce risky behaviors especially relating to smoking or substance abuse, and engage positive behaviors that an adolescent can use throughout life.
Once Matched, the Mentors in each program will:
- Provide support the building of life skills, reasoning skills, and role modeling
- Visit or call their Mentee once a week
- Attend fun, activity-based monthly large group meetings
145 N Union StreetDelawareDelaware, OH 43015
January 27, 2023
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 Hours per month; Meetings and times are flexible
- The Court does require a series of interviews and County sponsored background checks, drivers abstract, and drug screen. Minimum commitment time is one year.