My Pit Bull is Family Board Member
My Pit Bull is Family
My Pit Bull is Family
Member of the Board of Directors
The Board will support the work of My Pit Bull is Family and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by My Pit Bull is Family’s Executive Director, the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. The Board of Directors will meet every-other-month.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as they develop and implement My Pit Bull is Family’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by My Pit Bull is Family for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving My Pit Bull is Family’ annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
- Assisting the Executive Director and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing My Pit Bull is Family to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring My Pit Bull is Family’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities My Pit Bull is Family serves
My Pit Bull is Family Board Members will consider My Pit Bull is Family a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that My Pit Bull is Family can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, My Pit Bull is Family expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution of at least $300 annually or $25 monthly or solidify a donation of $500 in the form of sponsorship, grants, or foundation donations.
My Pit Bull is Family Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held every other month and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about My Pit Bull is Family’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. Their accomplishments will allow them to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of My Pit Bull is Family’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of My Pit Bull is Family’s beneficiaries
Service on My Pit Bull is Family’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
About My Pit Bull is Family
po box 26262, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55426, US
My Pit Bull is Family is a 501c-3 non-profit organization based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with a mission to keep families and their canine companions together through ending housing and insurance discrimination. We do this work through having conversations with property management companies, conducting pet policy research studies, providing the nation’s largest housing database that accepts all dogs, and community outreach & education.
My Pit Bull is Family is a nationally known organization that was started in 2011 as a bumper sticker campaign. In 2015 the campaign became a registered non-profit organization and has been growing since!