Income Tax Preparation
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1805 Gunter AvenueGuntersville, AL 35976
Free Tax Preparation and Electronic Filing
Volunteers attend a 5 day school in January to be trained in Federal and State Income Tax Preparation. To work at one of the tax sites volunteers must pass a test with 80% accuracy.
Volunteers interested in preparing returns on the computer are trained in an additional school to use the tax software.
Additional volunteers work in the electronic filing office transmitting, logging and handling rejections and acknowledgements.
Volunteers have a mid-season and post-season function to discuss problems and celebrate successes.
At each tax site volunteer jobs include:
· Greeting the client, logging them in, copying paperwork
· Interviewing the taxpayer and getting all their information in order
· Entering the taxpayers information into the tax software and generating the tax return
· Maintaining computer hardware and software
· Carrying completed returns to the transmission office.
Terms: Site is handicapped accessible, Volunteer must be at least 55 years of age
Other Information Requested of Volunteers: Comfortable working with numbers
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Marshall Medical Center North
- Marshall County Courthouse
- Reading Buddies Albertville Area
- Emergency Management Agency
- Marshall Medical Center South
- Water Watch
- Reading Buddies Guntersville Area
- Volunteer Opportunities for...
- Gene Clark Care and Share
- Arab Police Department
- American Red Cross
- Reading Buddies
- RSVP Computer Lab
- Income Tax Preparation