3 people are interested
Motherhood is the greatest and most rewarding role- Support another Mom!
ORGANIZATION: Delaware Juvenile Court Mentoring Programs
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
"Once you sign on to be a Mother, 24/7 is the only shift they offer" - Jodi Picoult
Experienced Moms supporting young, first time Moms!
The Mothers Offering Mentoring Support, or M.O.M.S. Program, lays a foundation for parenting and supports building of independence skills that a young, pregnant or new mother can use throughout life.
M.O.M.S. is housed within Delaware Juvenile Court. The Court's Mentoring programs aspire to shift youth and young adults away from the Court system, support the education of life skills, and build positive relationships with the support of community role models.
Once matched, Mentors will:
- Provide support through consistent visits/calls
- Attend engaging monthly large group meetings
- Assist with building of parenting skills and bonding
- Teach their Mentee about fiscal responsibility and independence skills
About Delaware Juvenile Court Mentoring Programs
145 N Union Street, Delaware, OH 43015, US
Delaware County Juvenile Court Mentoring Programs aspire to shift youth away from the justice system by supporting the education of life skills and building positive relationships with the support of community role models.
Mentoring the is the process of sharing personal knowledge, skills, and experience. Delaware Juvenile Court offers two mentoring programs:
The Mothers Offering Mothering Support, or M.O.M.S. Program, pairs first-time mothers with experienced mothers as Mentors. M.O.M.S. strives to lay a foundation for parenting and build independence skills that a new mother can use throughout life.
The Together Everyone Achieves More, or T.E.A.M. Program pairs adolescents aged 10-14 with a caring adult to show them the power of positive choices. T.E.A.M. strives to encourage self esteem, reduce risky behaviors especially relating to smoking or substance abuse, and engage positive behaviors that an adolescent can use throughout life.
Once Matched, the Mentors in each program will:
- Provide support the building of life skills, reasoning skills, and role modeling
- Visit or call their Mentee once a week
- Attend fun, activity-based monthly large group meetings
145 N Union StreetDelawareDelaware, OH 43015
June 21, 2022
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per month; scheduling and approach to meet are flexible
- M.O.M.S. is housed within Delaware County Juvenile Court. All volunteers attend a series of interviews and complete a County paid background check, driver's abstract, and drug screen.