WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1805 Gunter AvenueGuntersville, AL 35976
Water Quality Monitors: Streams all over the county
Station supports teams with training, chemical testing kits, forms, monitoring supplies, technical assistance, springtime new-chemicals lunch, EPA protocol, database management, friendly faces, and annual family luau. Tennessee Valley Authority and Alabama Water Watch are partners in this project.
After training, volunteers join a team of 3 to 5 members, to monitor 3 stream streams once a month for physical, and chemical parameters. During the summer months monitors test for e. coli bacteria and quarterly teams sample for nutrients: phosphorous and nitrates. Approximate time per month: 2-3 hours
Terms: Volunteer must be at least 55 years of age, Car Required
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Marshall Medical Center North
- Marshall County Courthouse
- Reading Buddies Albertville Area
- Emergency Management Agency
- Marshall Medical Center South
- Water Watch
- Reading Buddies Guntersville Area
- Volunteer Opportunities for...
- Gene Clark Care and Share
- Arab Police Department
- American Red Cross
- Reading Buddies
- RSVP Computer Lab
- Income Tax Preparation