As a member of the Board of Directors of The Tulsa Initiative Inc., I have a legal and ethical responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals. I support the purpose and mission of the organization and pledge my commitment to assist in carrying out its work.
As a board member, I will consistently act responsibly and prudently. I understand my duties to include:
1. Legal, fiscal and moral responsibility, along with my fellow board members, for the well-being of this organization. As such, it is my responsibility to:
● Be familiar with our budget and take an active part in the budget planning process.
● Know and approve all policies and programs and oversee their implementation.
● Take responsibility for making decisions on organization issues and board matters.
● Interpret the organization’s work and values to the community, represent the organization and serve as an official ambassador of the organization.
● Keep up-to-date on the business of the organization.
● Excuse myself from discussions, decisions, and votes where I may have a conflict of interest.
2. Attendance at four board meetings per year. Should I be unable to attend a meeting, I will, if needed, be available for a telephone consultation. Additionally, I will serve on at least one board committee.
3. An annual personal financial contribution to the organization. This may be given as a one-time donation each year or in mutually agreed installments during the course of the year. I will personally donate or fundraise at least $3,000 per year.
4. Active participation in one or more fundraising activities. This may include individual and/or special event solicitation or direct mail appeals.
5. Working in good faith with my fellow board members and staff toward the achievement of the organization’s goals. Should I fail to fulfill these commitments to the organization, I understand that the Chairman of the Board will call upon me to discuss my responsibilities. Should there come a time where I am no longer able to fulfill my obligations to the organization, it will be my responsibility to resign my position as a member of the Board of Directors.
As a board member, I understand that the organization will be responsible to me in the following ways:
1. I will be sent, without request, quarterly financial reports and an update of organizational activities that allow me to meet the "prudent person" standards of the law. Further, I expect that I will have information about programs and policies, goals and objectives as appropriate.
2. Opportunities will be provided for me to discuss with the CEO and the Chairman of the organization’s programs, goals, activities, and status.
3. It is expected that board members and the CEO will respond in a straightforward fashion to questions that I feel are necessary to carry out my fiscal, legal and moral responsibilities to the organization.
4. Board members and the CEO will work in good faith with me towards the achievement of our goals.
5. If the organization does not fulfill its commitments to me, I may call upon the Board Chair and CEO to discuss the organization’s responsibilities to me.
11720 Beltsville Dr, Ste. 500, BELTSVILLLE, MD 20705, US
Our mission is to introduce millennials to positive role models, to develop intellect, and to build positive attitudes and a healthy mindset. We believe that through this initiative, entrepreneur leaders will emerge and make a significant positive impact in the community.
Our purpose is to uplift and motivate while inspiring generations to liberate themselves by impacting and serving their communities.
Children & Youth
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.