First Integrative Community Care Services
SUMMARY: We are in a desperate need for a Grant writer. The Grant Writer manages and successfully edits, writes, and researches to effectively convey solution, capabilities, and differentiators. This position coordinates with subject matter expert ranging from operational staff to executive staff to gather information and develop understanding of key capabilities and solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, writes, and assembles client specific proposals.
- Applies broad knowledge of the corporation to write, edit, and direct content development.
- Works directly with subject matter experts, management, and executives to identify win strategy and messaging tailored to a target audience.
- Interprets complex information and writes per target audience.
- Constructs complete and compelling materials to differentiate the organization’s capabilities while accurately conveying the organization’s offering.
- Proofreads and Edits written documents and provides ideas, suggestions, and concept development to enhance internal/external publications including recommendations for most effective means for conveying corporate messages to target audiences.
- Performs internet-based research to support response efforts.
- Manages the planning, development, executables, and delivery of assigned projects.
- Establishes priority for project tasks and works with resources and management to assure understanding of priorities and ability to meet deadlines.
- Identifies obstacles/deviations/delays and assigns task(s) to address the issues.
- Regularly communicates project status and clearly reports on any deviations to delivery timeline.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in relevant field, or three to five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: (Contract Management Systems; Development Software; Microsoft Office Suite; Project Management Software)
- Other skills required:
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and technical, persuasive writing and editing skills
- Works well under time pressure constraints
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to read, hear, speak, keyboard, reason, and communicate effectively
- Proficient Experience with office equipment such as computer, telephones, copiers, fax, and printers
- Must have persuasive writing and marketing experience
- Must have grant or proposal writing experience for SLED procurements
- Must have working knowledge of technology and K12 education industries
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
About First Integrative Community Care Services
3100 Five Forks Trickum Rd, Suite 305, lilburm, GA 30047, US
Our mission is to provide holistic treatment tailored to minorities individuals specifically LGBT members by providing free medical and behavioral support such as mental health, substance use, and harm reduction services; by promoting a non-judgmental environment that empowers and allows our clients to grow; and ensuring that clients received professional training and support to help them transition from homelessness and family violence.
FICCS promotes mental health and preventing mental illness through advocacy, education, research and services. FICSS works every day to protect the rights and dignity of LGBTQ individuals with lived experience and ensure that peers and their voices are integrated into all areas of the organization.