Volunteer Social Media Assistant Needed!
We are looking for a Volunteer who could help us with Social Media starting on February 1, 2021. You will engage with our most dedicated
donors, who share their stories, ask questions, and are Bloodworks’ most visible examples of our mission in action. You’ll also support with
content writing and development to keep our channels fresh. Additionally, you will assist in furthering our vision: designing donor centered digital experiences through community engagement with Bloodworks donors and management of frequently asked questions
and communications. Through this external-facing role, the Social Media volunteer will help communicate the importance of blood
donation, share appreciation for our current and future donors, and further make Bloodworks accessible to our local community through
our online platforms. You can take pride in knowing that your time is vital to us and that you will be contributing to a very special project!
- Support in answering questions from online community followers on all channels, with a focus on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist in content writing and content ideation (social media, digital assets/collateral.)
- Support with digital asset management (photo and video.)
- Add to social media canned responses process and management.
- Provide assistance in developing Podcast insiders group
- * Experience with photography, videography, and/or graphic design.
- * Exceptional writing skills required given the external-facing nature (preference will be given to candidates who are interested in
- marketing, writing, strategic communications, journalism, photography, or digital marketing.)
- * Well organized and superb attention to detail.
- * Commitment to continuous improvement and learning new things, passionate for improving the healthcare accessibility and
- * Experience in a previous role related to marketing, writing/communication, or research (preferred.)
- * Ability to connect via webcam for Zoom meetings
About Bloodworks Northwest
921 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, US
Saving lives through research, innovation, education and excellence in blood, medical and laboratory services in partnership with our community.
Bloodworks Northwest: Because blood works miracles every day. As a unique, hybrid provider of health care services for the community, we collect, test and distribute essential, lifesaving blood to nearly 90 hospitals in the Pacific Northwest. We’re transfusion experts who consult with physicians. We’re also medical professionals who deliver clinical care to patients with blood disorders and disease. We’re scientists at specialized laboratories who support patients and surgeons at organ transplant and cancer treatment centers. And we’re a respected Research Institute studying everything related to blood. Here are some of the ways we’re saving lives every day:
Your Community Resource For Lifesaving Blood-With the help of a 250,000 registered donors in the region, Bloodworks NW collects about 900 units of blood each day. All blood receives immediate, comprehensive testing so that it can be available to 90 regional hospitals - usually in less than 24 hours after donation. We operate 11 donor centers and our mobile units travel to hundreds of blood drives every month at work sites, schools, churches, and other community locations throughout Western Washington.
Volunteerism-Bloodworks NW benefits from the dedicated work of more than 2,000 active volunteers. Our volunteers make a real difference and a vital contribution to help save lives, gain work experience, build skills, earn community service hours and feel justifiably proud about giving back to those in need.