Full Stack Developer
Please Note: apply only if you know that you have between 3 to 5 hours a week to devote to this project. We cannot be successful in reducing school violence unless we can count on you. Thank you. Please send a resume to contact@NoSchoolViolence.org.
NoSchoolViolence needs a full stack developer to help support the development of a number of data -focused projects.
- Collaborate with the team to determine the scope and expectations of the project as well as the recurring sprints
- Produce clean, documented, and efficient code based on client specifications
- Read, interpret, and strategize around documents
- Troubleshoot, debug, optimize, and upgrade project software
- Build elaborate testing and CI/CD mechanisms around our pipeline infrastructure
- Wear many hats and have the ability, with some guidance, to solve any problems in Python scripting, web development, visualizations, automation, testing, optimization, data science, agile methodology, business analytics, client success, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer, or similar role
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly dependable, self-motivated, and directed
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Have a knack for writing good documentation
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Able and willing to learn new languages and technologies
A passion for wanting to use your data skills to improve the social good of our community, particularly as it relates to reducing school and youth violence.
About NOSCHOOLVIOLENCE ORG
8499 NE GRIZDALE LN, BAINBRIDGE IS, WA 98110, US
NoSchoolViolence is a Seattle-based behavioral research-data analytics organization. Its goal is to develop a variety of proactive approaches to reducing school and youth violence. Its data analytics, social science research, administrative, and school outreach teams reside in Seattle, Washington, while other virtual volunteers live elsewhere in the U.S., the UK, Europe and India.
The organization is a federal 501 (c) (3) (EIN: 82-1796339) and Washington state 501 (c) (3) (UBI# 603562651). Current partners include Microsoft, Elastic LLC, Alteryx, Washington State Capital Region ESD 113, Seattle Data for Good and the Seattle General Assembly. Conversations are in progress for partnerships with Google, Facebook, UNICEF, the CDC, university adolescent violence programs, and the Gates Foundation. To learn more about the Microsoft-NoSchoolViolence Partnership Program see: https://youtu.be/CrK3cXkw02c In 2017. NoSchoolViolencereceived an Elastic Humanitarian Award for its proof of concept search app- The Lantern-https://youtu.be/RTGx3D0ibEo.