4 people are interested
Conference Volunteer - Virtual Systems Lead
4 people are interested
KGC is seeking an entrepreneurial volunteer to set up and manage the technology and systems needed for our annual global conference (virtual). While we have been successful at providing great engagement through the use of Zoom and Slack in the 2019 edition, we intend to go one step further into providing an integrated, immersive experience. We believe that switching to virtual does not mean trying to translate every aspect of an in-person conference but rather to take advantage of new possibilities, while mitigating those aspects that cannot be properly translated virtually. The goal is to provide attendees, speakers and sponsors with the best possible experience for a virtual event.
You love to explore new technical systems and feel natural navigating them. You would be comfortable developing a testing plan, if needed, and you like juggling a few different projects. You have attended many virtual events this year including a few online conferences and you have an opinion on what’s good and what’s not to make a successful conference.
We are a dynamic and passionate team who will provide you with support and feedback, so we’re all successful! This role is best suited for someone who can work independently and is comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Work with Head of Conference Planning & Operations to implement conference technology
- Set up, maintain and troubleshoot these systems
- Create and execute systems implementation timeline/project plan and work with the Project Manager to ensure an on time delivery
- Implement and manage the Event Hosting Platform (tbd)
- Upload all content, such as pre-recorded talks, to Event Hosting Platform (tbd)
- Ensure event schedule is properly posted and updated on the Event Hosting Platform (tbd)
- Provide metrics & reports via platforms as needed for sponsors
- Work with our designer to ensure consistent branding and high quality visuals on all platforms
- Work with our Marketing Lead to ensure consistent messaging and voice is being used on the platforms
- Own other system needs if they arise
- Enjoy being part of an awesome team!
- Nice to have: Experience working with / configuring / testing cloud based software
We are looking for a volunteer to start immediately and estimate this will require ~7-10 hours per week until the conference (May 2-5 2022). Please note that due to COVID-19, we expect all of volunteer positions to be *virtual only*
Ready to apply? Hit NEXT and answer four short questions. Not the right one for you? Hit BACK to explore other roles.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Knowledge Graphs Conference
41 W 105th St., New York City, NY 10025, US
Founded in 2019 at Columbia University, The Knowledge Graphs Conference (KGC) is emerging as the premier source of learning around knowledge technologies. We believe knowledge graphs are an underutilized yet essential force for solving complex societal challenges like climate change, democratizing access to knowledge and opportunity, and capturing business value made possible by the AI revolution. KGC bridges the gap between industry, which is increasingly recognizing the necessity of integrated data, and academia, wheres mantic technologies have been developing for over twenty years. Our events, education, content, and community efforts facilitate meaningful exchange between diverse groups, and increase awareness, development and adoption fo this powerful technology.
In addition to our May Conference, KGC hosts a variety of Community, education, and content initiatives. At our most recent conference, 530 attendees participated, representing over thirty industries across forty-two countries. Speakers ranged from Bell Labs pioneer John Sowa to Morgan Stanley, AstraZeneca, and leading academics from Europe and USA. Our workshops and tutorials targeted a number of Tech4Good things, including COVID-19 vaccine development and the UN SDGs.
KGC is developing educational offerings to increase the field and quality of knowledge engineers, beginning with an open-
source collection of learning materials connected to a range of microcredentials. KGC also hosts a video content library and shares a monthly report detailing the case for knowledge graphs to over 800 newsletter subscribers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 28, 2021
- Internet Research
- Must be at least 20
- 5-10 hours per week