SWISH UNITED INC
SWISH United, Inc. is currently looking for individuals who are interested in its mission to provide inclusive services for school-aged youth and adults of all abilities and backgrounds. If you are interested in joining our Board of Directors or learning more about our organization, please let us know.
We meet as a Board 4 times a year (before Covid19, now we will meet virtually). There are also Committees that meet throughout the year. We are in need of a full board of new directors with diverse backgrounds such as Accounting and Finance, Non-profit, Legal, Environment, Logistics & Supply Chain, PR & Marketing as well as Communication and Government.
The Board will support the work of SWISH United, Inc., and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Passion for the mission as leaders of the organization is paramount. While day-to-day operations are led by the Executive Director, the Board-Executive Director relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
- With the Executive Director, Determine Mission and Purpose
- Support the Executive Director
- Ensure Effective Planning, Auditing, and Managing
- Monitor and Strengthen Programs and Services
- Ensure Adequate Financial Resources
- Protect Assets and Provide Financial Oversight
- Establish Sub-Committees as appropriate to Build a Competent Board
- Ensure Legal and Ethical Integrity
- Enhance the Organization’s Public Standing
- Ensure SWISH United, Inc., commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities SWISH serves. Fundraising SWISH United, Inc. Board Members will be involved in fund development planning, and all categories of fundraising including grants, individual contributions, foundation and corporate giving, special events, membership campaigns, capital campaigns, and in-kind donations.
- At a minimum, the Board Members will be responsible for:
- Establishing a financial development plan
- Being a donor
- Monitoring plan accomplishments
- Identifying and soliciting donors
- Speaking at public relations and media events on behalf of SWISH.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about SWISH United, Inc., mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, military, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Strong management and leadership experience
- High visibility and involvement in the community
- Ability to lead strategically
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of underserved communities and families.
What to submit:
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume or one-page bio to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks again for your support, and remember: While one person can make a change, only together we can change the world.
About SWISH UNITED INC
40 GRAHAM ST, Suite 2, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07307, US
To provide inclusive programming and services for school-aged youth and adults of all abilities and backgrounds that are both innovative and effective that fosters identity, independence, productivity, and diversity.
Who We Are
A network of givers. We care about our families, our friends, and our communities. We believe every human controls their own destiny but requires and is deserving of guidance and support. SWISH (Serving With Integrity Shooting Hoops) was developed and established to answer the call to reach and serve the forgotten and underserved, to teach self-awareness (identifying emotions, self-confidence, etc.), self-management (impulse control, goal-setting, etc.), social awareness (appreciating diversity, respecting others, etc.), relationship skills (communication, teamwork, etc.) and responsible decision making (analyzing situation, ethical responsibility, etc.).
Here at SWISH, our inclusive approach ensures that all youth and young adults, regardless of ability or background, are given the support to participate in all programs.