1 person is interested
Virtual: Red Cross International - Restoring Family Links Outreach Team Member
1 person is interested
Restoring Family Links Outreach Volunteers Needed
The purpose of this position is to expand Restoring Family Links service delivery to clients who have been separated from family members in other countries due to armed conflict, migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies. Team members will be responsible for supporting and developing of the outreach strategy, expanding community awareness and resources, developing new contacts and volunteers and, effectively serving all clients and partners. Demonstrate commitment and understanding of the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross international network.
- Responsible for supporting the development of an outreach strategy
- Expand community awareness and resources
- Develop new volunteer and community contacts
- Effectively serve all clients and partners
- Work with Red Cross divisions to share knowledge, support relationship building, and verify existing partnerships
- Identify key agencies, religious groups, schools, community groups, non-profits, media contacts, and form sustainable partnerships to promote and benefit our services and widen our scope of referrals and resources
- Desire to support the American Red Cross humanitarian mission through reconnecting separated families.
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations, in a culturally competent manner and to embody the Red Cross fundamental principals including impartiality and neutrality
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest or experience in public speaking, presentation or training
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, familiarity with social media tools and resources
- Available to support at least one event or activity per month, attend meetings as scheduled & support upcoming event research on personal schedule
Personal Development Opportunities
This position offers the opportunity to develop an array of professional skills including public speaking, networking, event management, logistics, community resilience building, capacity building for your chapter. In addition, the outreach team member is able to contribute meaningfully to a program which serves families who have been internationally separated due to crisis, conflict, migration and/or disaster.
**Must submit a volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer
Questions? Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Janesville, WI 53545
November 4, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must submit a volunteer application www.redcross.org/volunteer