Education Board Member for All Points North Foundation
ALL POINTS NORTH FOUNDATION
All Points North Foundation seeks a professional with a Bachelor’s degree who has a minimum of five years of experience working in the public education field. Preferred skills include experience in middle level education (grades 6 to 8), experience working with public schools, experience working at the district or state level, knowledge of emerging trends in middle level education pedagogy (such as but not limited to diversity equity and inclusion, remote learning, digital literacy, STEM/STEAM, social/emotional learning, project-based learning, etc.). Candidate should be passionate about education, especially middle school education and teacher training. All qualified candidates, including middle grade teachers, school administrators, and district officials are welcome to apply.
- Oversee and provide guidance to the activities managed by All Points North Foundation’s Director of Education Grant Partnerships and supporting team.
- Participate in two 2-hour monthly evening committee calls (one of which will be the Education committee) to discuss education grant making activities and foundation operations.
- Assist and guide foundation education outreach activities and grant distributions.
- Provide strategic counsel on educational focus
- Help determine appropriate networking venues to build education relationships and potential grant prospects.
- Participate in monthly evening Board conference call.
- Help identify possible education grantee prospect
- Be open, if available, to conducting virtual and in-person site visits to promising education grant.
Board of Directors General Information:
Members of the Board of Directors shall be appointed by the trustees, and may resign, or be removed by the trustees with or without cause, at any time. Board of Directors are not required to make a financial contribution to All Points North Foundation. The Board of Director role is a volunteer position and may receive reasonable compensation for expenses incurred on behalf of All Points North Foundation (e.g., travel expenses to strategic Board retreats, site visits and other education events).
For more detailed information about this position, please visit: https://www.allpointsnorthfoundation.org/education-board-member-search/.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ALL POINTS NORTH FOUNDATION
87 SUMMIT AVE, BROOKLINE, MA 02446, US
All Points North Foundation (APNF) is dedicated to navigating communities upward.
Established in 2011 in Boston, Mass., APNF is a small, private foundation that supports two distinct priorities in the United States: evidence-based programs that measurably improve public middle school education and training, and projects that promote solar energy awareness and implementation.