Do you like to fundraise?
Christian Community Action
About Christian Community Action (CCA): CCA ministers to the poor by providing comprehensive services that alleviate suffering, bring hope and change lives. Since 1973 CCA has been healing, feeding, and educating families in need. Headquarted in Lewisville, Texas CCA is one of the largest private nonprofits in North Texas combatting poverty, providing more than 8,000 individual services each year.
Regardless of an individual’s background, religion, or income, people can be hit with an unexpected crisis. This can be a job loss, an unexpected medical bill or car repair, abusive relationship, or some other type of social challenge. Helping provide short- and long-term assistance and solutions to alleviate poverty is a key service of CCA. We provide healthy meals and groceries, financial help to prevent homelessness, seasonal support to children from low-income families, and life-skills training and spiritual counseling in times of crisis. Visit www.ccahelps.org for more information.
Job Description: The Event Committee directs the efforts of Christian Community Action’s annual Hopeful Hearts 5K Stampede with a fundraising goal of $100,000. Assists with committee recruitment, sponsorships, in-kind donations, committee tasks and timelines.
- Attendance at 75% of Committee meetings once a month; Jan.- Sept. 2021 (virtual to begin, in-person TBD).
- Assist in identification and recruitment of new Event Committee members.
- Help with identifying and securing sponsors from corporations, foundations and individuals. Target goal is $100,000.
- Help with identifying and securing raffle items.
- Spread the word of the event to family, friends, co-workers.
- Sell raffle tickets.
- Attendance at the event on Sept. 25, 2021 in Old Town Lewisville (volunteer or participate in event).
- A commitment to serve CCA with dignity and respect through your time, talent and resources, doing all you can to ensure the stated goals of the event.
- Knowledge of the Denton County community.
- Work with other Event Committee members.
- All event logistics provided by CCA staff.
- All Event Committee meeting materials prepared by CCA staff.
- Vendors secured by CCA staff, with approval from the Event Chair.
- Marketing, PR, social media, website.
- Design and printing of all marketing materials (i.e. signage, sponsors signs, event program, etc.
- Sandra Sims, Corporate Relations Manager, Christian Community Action
- Phone: 972-219-4329; Email: Sandra.Sims@ccahelps.org.
About Christian Community Action
200 South Mill Street, Lewisville, TX 75057, US
In the spirit of Jesus Christ, Christian Community Action ministers to the poor by providing comprehensive services that alleviate suffering, bring hope and change lives.
CCA was started in 1973 by seven young adults in a Bible study group committed to volunteer efforts in order to create a stronger community. Today, we continue to rely on volunteers to help us do our daily work and are blessed by the generosity of all of our many volunteers. From answering phones and assisting with mailings, to working the checkout in CCA's Food Pantry, to serving as a doctor or nurse in our health center, CCA is a wonderful place for individuals, businesses and organizations to give generously of their time, talents and compassion.