Food Box Assembly Volunteer
Family Service Rochester
FSR Fresh is a Family Service Rochester initiative created in response to COVID-19 and community food insecurities. Every Monday/Wednesday/Friday FSR receives a food donation that is then distributed to local community members. We are looking for volunteers to help with the food box sortation and assembly. This is a much needed services and you would play a VITAL role!
- Once food donation arrives volunteer would help to unload, weigh, sort, and divide food for distribution. We typically assemble 15-30 boxes per day.
- Volunteer would need to be able to lift boxes up to 50lbs.
- Volunteer would also help clean and sanitize after the sortation is complete.
- Volunteer would be working with 2-3 other people.
- Food box sortation and assembly happens every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning.
- Hours would be 9:00am-11:30am (approximately)
- For consistency we are looking for a volunteer who would be able to help weekly (1 or 2 days per week)
- Family Service Rochester South Office (1625 Highway 14 E, Rochester, MN55904) *Location may be subject to change.
About Family Service Rochester
4600 18th Ave. NW, Rochester, MN 55901, US
A safe, vital community that fosters strong, healthy families and capable children.
Family Service Rochester (FSR) is a community based, nonprofit organization which provides services associated with counseling, case management, home services and family access center.
FSR was founded in 1965 with a staff of three and the mission to support and enhance the dignity and quality of life for individuals and families in the community. From that small start-up offering counseling and homemaker services, the agency has grown to provide more than 25 programs to meet ever-changing community needs. Volunteers are a key aspect to excellent service delivery to those individuals and families we work with.