Helpful Engineering [A featured project, XCoV19, with Helpful Engineering] is seeking QA Tester volunteers to fight COVID!
This is a volunteer position (we do not offer compensation). Helpful Engineering volunteers work with amazing worldwide team members in a dynamic fast-moving environment. It is also a great opportunity to build your skills and resume. Come join us!
About Helpful Engineering
Helpful Engineering is an international, open-source community incubator focused on mobilizing people to help solve the Covid-19 pandemic and other critical issues. With thousands of volunteers worldwide, we support projects through innovations in engineering, community resources, software, and manufacturing. Most of the projects are focused on finding solutions to fix the lack of products used by healthcare professionals, including hardware and software, but also non-technical products like surgical masks.
We have engineers and doctors all around the world who are producing ventilators, protective equipment, websites, and systems to organize volunteers to assist their communities and medical workers. They are making heroic efforts to produce products in time to help the outbreak.
Check Out Helpful Engineering Here: https://www.helpfulengineering.org/
For our complete list of open positions, check out our Volunteer Opportunities: https://airtable.com/shrwgNtBUAzuciV0j/tbl5Bqnjl3JRKD7qP
Volunteer Position Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a QA tester for:
-Writing acceptance tests, QA automation (including headless browser testing)
Experience & Requirements
- 5+ years experience designing, developing and testing automation framework and scripts in Python
- Proficient in programming using Python with experience applying those skills in test environments
- Experience building and maintaining an end-to-end test automation framework
- Experience building test automation for APIs and Web Services
- Experience working with source control (Git) / defect tracking (JIRA) systems
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with Selenium WebDriver
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Concourse and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a cross-functional environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with security for healthcare software, QA/testing, Patient data handling, Security measures in case of breach
- Knowledge of OOP principles
- Experience as a test lead with complex, enterprise-level technology implementations
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience writing automation for applications run in virtualized servers or in the cloud.
- Experience testing mission-critical systems
- Ability to quickly become proficient in new tools/technologies
Our organization is organic, transparent, and follows the principles of open source and effective altruism. Helpful Engineering expects all volunteers to adopt a professional attitude and be respectful of their fellow volunteers, which includes politeness, punctuality, giving notice, and communicating openly and transparently their work and progresses.