Volunteer Today Boston Age Strong Commission
Age Strong Commission - Volunteer Unit
Age Strong Commission City of Boston
Teach older adults how to navigate public transportation
Provide Companionship or Respite
- Teach older adults how to navigate public transportation
- Prepare simple taxes for older adults
- Make food pantry deliveries to older adults
- Financial Literacy (Money Smart) Workshop Facilitators
- Opioid-drug Prevention & Education Workshop Facilitators
- Deliver food from food pantries to homebound older adults
- Other fun and engaging activities-such as mask making, and our card making initiative
617-635-4374 or 617-635-4858
About Age Strong Commission - Volunteer Unit
Boston City Hall, One City Hall Plaza, Room 271, Boston, MA 02201, US
America's largest volunteer network for people age 55 years and over; is dedicated to impacting lives on an individual basis, whether it is with skills, experience, or just a friendly face.
Uplift, Inspire, Lend a Hand!
Age Strong Volunteer Unit is looking for volunteers to invest their unique talents in improving their community- You choose the amount of time you wish to serve. We currently have opportunities in:
-Visiting and assisting homebound and frail seniors.
-Supporting older adults ESL in conversation sessions, one on one, or in ESL classes.
-Helping veterans and military families.
-Providing respite care for caregivers.
-Explaining health care options and information.
-Qualified senior homeowners volunteer for the City of Boston in
exchange of a reduction up to $1,500 on their property tax bill per fiscal
year (equivalent to 125 hours of service.)
-Provides a welcoming and friendly environment to all City Hall visitors.
Whatever you choose to do, you'll be making a real difference! Contact us today for more information!!