Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
FULL STACK ENGINEER
Support the entire lifecycle of building new products: from early conception of very rough ideas, to using customer feedback to iterate and improve current systems.
· Work across all parts of the technology stack.
· Take ownership for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end.
· Design and architect new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting an exceptional user experience.
· Work with AWS or Azure infrastructure to rapidly development solutions that are under-budget and on-time.
· Deploy features, site improvements, and bug fixes
· Work with structured and unstructured datatypes.
· Uphold engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
· Translate and interpret business process into documented technical requirements for development.
· Partner closely with the Information Technology, Volunteer Affairs, and project functional teams to work on improving the user experience and enabling the organizations digital capabilities.
· Innovate and identify new opportunities for technology to help achieve the organizations goals.
· One (1) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
A minimum of 3 years proven professional experience as a Full Stack Engineer.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
Experience in software development and knowledge of web technologies and web application architecture.
Expertise with API creation and RESTful services.
Experience developing applications using the MERN stack
Experience in SQL and NOSQL
Experience using AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCS or other cloud infrastructure
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Active Listening - can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees; utilizes strong listening skills to formulate direct, responsive answers to questions
Attention to detail - achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
Collaborative - cooperates and works willingly with others to create solutions that benefit all involved
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
Justice & Legal
Race & Ethnicity
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 14, 2021
Must be at least 18
One (1) year commitment. At least five (5) hours per week