Fireside Chat Panelist
THE KNOWLEDGE HOUSE
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Background: Our classes run Monday - Thursday so we use Fridays to bring in industry professionals to give deeper perspectives on technical or career related topics. In the past we have held that covered resume reviews, hiring processes, imposter syndrome, and deep dives into technical lessons.
We are flexible with regard to scheduling the office hours. They tend to happen from 11am - 2pm for 60 min - 90 mins.
Opportunity: A group of volunteers have the chance to host a candid seminar or fireside chat with students from our Innovation Fellowship to talk about technical or career development topics.
Additional Info: The Knowledge House will provide class curriculums and additional documents as needed to effectively assist students.
Ideal Background: We are looking for candidates with technical and non-technical backgrounds who can share lessons, stories and experiences from their careers.
About THE KNOWLEDGE HOUSE
363 Rider Avenue, 3rd Floor, BRONX, NY 10451, US
Our mission is to empower and sustain a talent pipeline of technologists, entrepreneurs, and digital leaders who will uplift their communities out of poverty.
Our three-pronged approach consists of
- Developing young talent through our core program, the Innovation Fellowship, where 16-24-year-olds prepare for the 21st-century workforce through project-based learning and completing an apprenticeship at a local technology company.
- Mobilizing local professionals and entrepreneurs of color to raise digital awareness in their communities.
- Partnering with community-based organizations, education providers, and tech businesses to form a local eco-system leading community innovation and economic development.
At The Knowledge House, we teach:
- Web development
- Web design
- Cross-platform app development
- UX research/UI design
- Basic graphic design skills
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Professional communication
Some of the programming languages we teach include: