THE KNOWLEDGE HOUSE
Background: Our Student Mentorship program is designed to inspire our students and also help corporate partners build personal relationships with future hires.
Opportunity: Volunteers will be paired with The Knowledge House (TKH) mentee(s) for the duration of their fellowship to ensure student success. Mentors will advise students on progress against their one-year plans and will provide coaching during students’ job search process, using guidelines provided by TKH.
Additional Info: Mentors will be paired with students-one to-one and or in pairs for the duration of the program. We require mentors to attend demo days and bi-weekly check ins to help guide students through professional and technical challenges and provide actionable feedback.
About THE KNOWLEDGE HOUSE
363 Rider Avenue, 3rd Floor, BRONX, NY 10451, US
Our mission is to empower and sustain a talent pipeline of technologists, entrepreneurs, and digital leaders who will uplift their communities out of poverty.
Our three-pronged approach consists of
- Developing young talent through our core program, the Innovation Fellowship, where 16-24-year-olds prepare for the 21st-century workforce through project-based learning and completing an apprenticeship at a local technology company.
- Mobilizing local professionals and entrepreneurs of color to raise digital awareness in their communities.
- Partnering with community-based organizations, education providers, and tech businesses to form a local eco-system leading community innovation and economic development.
At The Knowledge House, we teach:
- Web development
- Web design
- Cross-platform app development
- UX research/UI design
- Basic graphic design skills
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Professional communication
Some of the programming languages we teach include: