Finance Committee Member
STRIVE4You Finance Committee Description
The Finance Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors and is chaired by the Board Treasurer. The committee is responsible for reviewing and providing guidance for STRIVE4You’s financial matters. The committee assures internal controls, independent audit, and financial analysis for the organization. The Finance Committee reviews all financial statements and reports on financia activity to the full board. To help the board fulfill its oversight function, it is important for the Board Treasurer and the Finance Committee to present the information in as clear and concise a manner as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide direction for the entire Board for fiscal responsibility.
2. Regularly review the organization's revenues and expenditures, balance
sheet, and other matters related to its continued solvency.
3. Ensure that organizational funds are spent appropriately.
4. Ensure the preparation of an annual audit, tax form (990), and audited
5. Approve the annual budget and submit it to the full Board for approval.
Qualifications and Requirements
The Finance Committee Volunteer should have;
* Ability to understand financial statements
* Experience in creating budgets preferable
* General knowledge of financial policy and procedures for non-profits.
* Ability to work cooperatively with other committee members.
* Excellent communication skills
* Time to dedicate to this professional volunteer opportunity(approximately 3-5 hours per quarter). Completing work assignment in a timely fashion is critical to keeping the committee's deliverables on track and the work of STRIVE4You moving forward.
* Commitment to take on an occasional finance related special project, potentially requiring additional time commitments.
* Commitment to attend regular meetings. Because finance committee members will most likely live throughout the country, meetings will take place virtually by conference call or Zoom. Meeting attendance is extremely important.
* Must be comfortable in a team environment.
Lines of Communication
Reports directly to the Finance Committee Chair/Board Treasurer and works
closely with fellow volunteers to complete assignments and exchange ideas.
Orientation and Training
Committee members will be given training and will be required to read and have general knowledge of the STRIVE4You Financial Policy Manual, and the current annual budget.
Approximately three-5 hours per quarter for the length of a one year term.
Apply at www.strive4you.org/volunteer
300 Berkley Drive Apt A10, Madison, TN 37115, US
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients; achieving an inclusive society for all.
Through our services and peer to peer programs we STRIVE each and every day to Achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We achieve this goal through our core principles of strength, training, recreation, inspiration, vitality, and empowerment (STRIVE).
Our programs include life skills and advocacy educational classes for transition aged youth, inclusive physical education classes for children of all ages, recreation and sports programs for people with disabilities, advocacy training. and peer to peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist them through their individual situations.
We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services to professionals in communities across the United States. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person hands on workshops, and trainings at conferences. All trainings are conducted by experienced qualified professionals eager to empower our communities through inclusive and quality education, to promote lifelong learning for all