Newcap Food Handling and Shipment Volunteer
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
The purpose and impact of this Volunteer Position:
- Ensure that food gets stored properly in the food pantry so that clients can receive the food
- Lessen the amount of time and staff members have to use their work time to unload the food truck, so they can focus more their primary job
- Without you- the food would not get to the clients and the pantry would not run smoothly on pantry days.
Activities, Tasks, and Responsibility:
- Unloads food truck in Marinette, Oconto or Crandon
- Helps unpack boxes and put them in the correct storage location.
- Marinette Newcap location: 1939 Hall Ave Marinette, WI
- Oconto Newcap location: 1201 Main Street Oconto, WI
- Crandon Newcap location: 212 North Lake Ave Crandon, WI
- volunteer position will mostly be outside and carrying things into the building
- They will unload rain or shine
Benefits Gained by Volunteers:
- Opportunity to meet others
- Gain arm and leg strength
- Position easy to learn on site
- Know that you are an integral part of providing food to those who need it most
08:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Depending on the location, there are three locations.
10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Depending on the location, there are different shifts.
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About NEWCAP INC
1201 MAIN ST, OCONTO, WI 54153, US
Newcap's mission for over 50 years has been to move people from poverty to opportunities and economic security and improve communities.
In an ideal world, poverty would be non-existent. Unfortunately, in the real world poverty does exist. Newcap seeks to change that reality. That’s why Newcap offers crisis care for people who find themselves in desperate situations, safety is in question, or food is scarce. That’s why Newcap assists those needing to stabilize their lives by securing a job, obtaining reliable transportation, or establishing a permanent residence. And that’s why Newcap supports those who need help planning budgets, purchasing homes, and building job skills.
No matter where someone is on the poverty and economic security scale, Newcap can help. Newcap has the resources, the personnel, and most importantly, the compassion to make a difference, and to fulfill its mission to move people from poverty to opportunities and economic security and improve communities.
People live in varying circumstances and therefore have different and very unique needs. Newcap offers programs to match. Newcap serves 12 counties in northern and northeastern Wisconsin with Crisis, Stability, Success, and Community Improvement programs.