ROCKBlue Volunteer - General.
Scope. ROCKBlue has an immediate opening for a volunteer generalist. This person will be working remotely with an international team that focuses on providing water and sanitation to their partners in cities in developing African countries.
This is an exciting position because the candidate will use their skill for humanitarian work. The first assignment of this position is to help standardize resumes of our elite roster of Specialists, to ROCKBlue’s company standard resume format, which is similar to the World Bank format. This work helps ROCKBlue enlist the best candidates to assist our partner utilities in five countries.
This is a part-time position with an approximate 3-5 hour commitment per week. This assignment is anticipated to last 4 months and can continue into the future on an as needed basis. The individual should have demonstrated writing skills and dedication to work independently on past assignments. They will be working with the following software:
- Google Docs
- Google Translate
- Adobe PDF
This position may also require the use of management software tools such as Trello, Clockify, Slack, G-Suite, and Google Drive. The scope of work includes:
- Rewrite existing resumes to match ROCKBlue format using G-Suite
- Translate resumes to English that are not in English using readily available translation software
- Save revised resume in word format to Google Drive
- Add link to revised resume in Salesforce App used by ROCKBlue
- Provide weekly report to Utility Coordinator
- Experience in writing (English)
- Access to a computer and a Gmail email address
- Google Docs experience preferred but not obligatory
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with World Bank resume format
- English fluency (oral/written) required
- French fluency (written) desired but not obligatory
- Other language fluency desired but not obligatory
- able to use Google Translate
601 Foothill Road, Ojai, CA 93023, US
The core purpose of ROCKBlue is to improve the lives of the urban poor in the developing world by supplying water and sanitation for all. ROCKBlue partners with the water and sanitation utilities that supply the basic amenities of water and sanitation to the urban poor. We empower our partner utilities by being a connector and service provider. The result of these partnerships are healthier cities that support the well-being of the local communities and economy thus improving lives.
ROCKBlue aims to solve the growing gap between reliable water supply and accelerating urban demand. We are a nonprofit that leverages a large network of highly experienced specialists. ROCKBlue focuses on strengthening the ability of water and sanitation utilities to provide these services to the poorest in cities and towns across the developing world.
ROCKBlue accomplishes this mission through respectful and mutually beneficial partnerships with both public utilities in the developing world and with the international donors and lenders supporting these utilities.