ASHE ARTS & STEM ACADEMY INC
Title: PR Specialist
The PR Specialist will be trained, supervised, and work directly with the Ashe Academy’s Executive Director.
This position provides an opportunity to work with the Marketing & PR Department of a nonprofit organization and gain experience in the nonprofit sector.
The Ashe Academy is thrilled to open the door to a new opportunity with our family. The Ashe Academy's mission is to represent students of color who are interested in pursuing careers in ARTS and STEM fields, and help them achieve their educational goals through scholarships, mentorships, and parental engagement. We aim to facilitate the transition from student to professional.
We are searching for a passionate and motivated Public Relations (PR) Specialist to help manage responsibilities such as: interacting and engaging across multiple social media platforms, represent The Ashe Academy during events, and assist streamlining brand awareness with journalists, bloggers, and the greater public.
Responsibilities of the PR Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Author press releases for events and organization wide updates
- Assist with digital filing on Google Drive
- Research for projects as assigned
- Assist with projects when appropriate
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Office Suite
- Research experience preferred, but not required
- Must be able to accomplish tasks independently
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be teachable/coachable
- Must be personable
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must patient and courteous
- Must be flexible with an ability to shift priorities when necessary
- Must have a phone and computer
About ASHE ARTS & STEM ACADEMY INC
225 BLUEBERRY LN APT A, THOUSAND OAKS, CA 91360, US
To bridge the education gap for students of color pursuing Arts and STEM fields through Representation Centered Mentorships and Scholarships.
This foundation is focused on equity for students of color pursuing the arts, sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics fields.