Director of Community Partnerships
We're looking for a passionate and reliable volunteer to serve as our Director of Community Partnerships. In this role on our volunteer leadership team, you will help to establish and manage key outreach partnerships with legal nonprofits, corporate law firms' pro bono practices, and other relevant direct service providers on the ground working to support LGBTQ+ asylum seekers in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
Time Commitment: ~4-6 hours per week. *Note: This is an unpaid and remote/virtual volunteer position.
- Research and conduct email/phone outreach to potential partners (such as legal nonprofits and corporate law firms with relevant pro bono practices) across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Coordinate and represent AsylumConnect on intro calls with prospective partners to establish relationships.
- Update and keep track of signed memorandums of understanding (MOUs) with partners.
- Represent AsylumConnect at partnership meetings and serve as one of the primary contacts for our partners.
- Respond to the special needs and requests of our partners in a timely manner.
- Brainstorm creative ways to utilize our partners' expertise and resources.
- Implement new partner appreciation and engagement strategies.
- Coordinate our "Service Provider Spotlight" initiative on the AsylumConnect Blog.
- Background in one or more of the following area(s): community outreach, partner relations, capacity building, public relations, business administration.
- The flexibility to call and email organizations during local business hours.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission and significance of AsylumConnect to prospective partners.
- Previous leadership and project management experience.
- Previous experience in the LGBTQ+ and/or immigrant social services sector is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professionalism, administrative skills, and follow-through.
- Passion for LGBTQ+ and immigrant rights.
- Gain hands-on experience working with an international NGO and directly communicating with direct service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across North America.
- Enhance your understanding of the social services sector.
- Gain practical experience in the migration and human rights sector.
40 Rector St, 9th Fl, New York, NY 10006, US
Connect LGBTQ+ people with safety.
Tech nonprofit AsylumConnect has built the first and only digital resource platform for the tens of thousands of LGBTQ+ asylum seekers fleeing their homes for safer ground each year. When AsylumConnect reaches scale, all persecuted and marginalized LGBTQ+ people will have access to critical verified support.
It is still illegal to be gay in 70 countries. Every year, thousands of LGBTQ+ people leave everything behind to seek asylum in the U.S.
Launched in 2016, the "AsylumConnect Catalog" is the first ever resource website and mobile app for LGBTQ+ asylum. LGBTQ+ asylum seekers and other LGBTQ+ people in need (such as homeless or isolated LGBTQ+ youth) use the AsylumConnect Catalog as a free digital one-stop-shop to meet their critical needs, including: accessing verified free/low-cost LGBTQ-affirming medical and mental health services. Lawyers and others also use the free app to easily find medical and social service referrals for clients.
Learn more: https://asylumconnect.org/