Family Delivery Drivers
So What Else?
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Looking to give back to the local community and help families in need? Want to utilize your Driver's License towards providing an essential service? We are looking for volunteers to help us deliver produce and non-perishable goods to families who are unable to leave their houses. Arrive at our Rockville Housing location (1201 First Street, Rockville, MD 20850) to pick up the food before going on a delivery to 4-8 families. We have multiple delivery routes all around Montgomery County (Rockville, Germantown, Gaithersburg) for you to choose from. Opportunities for routes outside of the county as well. Family delivery is our lowest-contactvolunteer opportunity. Volunteers will only have contact with staff at the warehouse when they arrive to pick-up food & retrieve their delivery routes. Once a volunteer arrives at a home, they ring the doorbell, leave the food on the porch & leave. Volunteers will not be required to return back to Rockville Housing after completing their delivery. This opportunity involves highway travel and please bring a vehicle with an empty trunk. Requisites: Experience drivers ages 18+ with a valid driver license and their own vehicle. Volunteers can schedule their delivery pick-up time for anytime Monday-Friday between 11:00AM - 3:00pm and can choose to help out as often as they would like. All volunteers must pass risk-factors screening:
- Have you knowingly had contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or is experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath?
- Are you showing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath?
- Is someone in your home showing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath?
- Have you traveled to a Level 2 or 3 Travel Advisory Country within the last 21 days?
- Have you knowingly had contact with a traveler who visited Level 2 or 3 Travel Advisory Countries within the last 21 days?
Not approved for MCPS SSL hours. See guidelines for agencies on how virtual opportunities may be considered for SSL .
About So What Else?
1 PRESERVE PKWY, ROCKVILLE, MD 20852, US
So What Else is a grassroots humanitarian organization, whose mission is to serve our community, providing a more livable and peaceful existence for our children in the greatest capacity possible. We use the power of service and charity to strengthen the infrastructure of community.
So What Else is nonprofit organization that provides recreational, fitness, academic, cultural, life skills, and community service programs for at-risk youth in the Washington, D.C Metropolitan Area.
We focus on three areas of service:
- Providing extracurricular after school programs to under supported youth.
- Promote volunteerism and provide resources and service to other organizations that are aiding our community.
- Mobilizing the youth we serve to, in return, pay it forward to their community through service.
So What Else is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that was established in April 2009. We provide healthy living, fitness, service learning, arts and cultural, life skills and mentoring programs for under supported youth in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area. We work in their communities and with community leaders to improve and achieve lasting positive change in their lives. Our approach is to form collaborative partnerships with other nonprofits and public sector youth focused agencies which allows for leveraging the range of services provided. So What Else encourages our constituents to incorporate the "pay it forward" tenet into their value system. When someone does a good deed for you, pay it forward by doing a good deed for someone else.