Food Pantry Team
So What Else?
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Looking to give back to the local community and help those in need? So What Else operates a food bank Monday-Friday as part of our Covid-19 Emergency Response Plan. Giving out around 50,000 meals every day, our food pantry welcomes volunteers to come and help us feed more families! Volunteer Responsibilities: Setting up tables/tents, distributing food and supplies, creating produce boxes, unloading delivery trucks Requisites: Ages 14+ (unchaperoned), all ages (w/ an 18+ chaperone) Volunteers are welcome anytime Monday through Friday between 9:00AM-5:30PM at the address attached to this opportunity (1201 First St., Rockville) Hours are highly flexible so volunteers can come in as often and for as long as they would like. All volunteers must pass risk-factors screening:
Student participation in this service project is at the discretion of the student’s parent/guardian. The nonprofit organization is responsible for maintaining student safety. Parents/guardians should contact the nonprofit directly with any questions and/or concerns.
- Have you knowingly had contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or is experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath?
- Are you showing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath?
- Is someone in your home showing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath?
- Have you traveled to a Level 2 or 3 Travel Advisory Country within the last 21 days?
- Have you knowingly had contact with a traveler who visited Level 2 or 3 Travel Advisory Countries within the last 21 days?
About So What Else?
1 PRESERVE PKWY, ROCKVILLE, MD 20852, US
So What Else is a grassroots humanitarian organization, whose mission is to serve our community, providing a more livable and peaceful existence for our children in the greatest capacity possible. We use the power of service and charity to strengthen the infrastructure of community.
So What Else is nonprofit organization that provides recreational, fitness, academic, cultural, life skills, and community service programs for at-risk youth in the Washington, D.C Metropolitan Area.
We focus on three areas of service:
- Providing extracurricular after school programs to under supported youth.
- Promote volunteerism and provide resources and service to other organizations that are aiding our community.
- Mobilizing the youth we serve to, in return, pay it forward to their community through service.
So What Else is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that was established in April 2009. We provide healthy living, fitness, service learning, arts and cultural, life skills and mentoring programs for under supported youth in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area. We work in their communities and with community leaders to improve and achieve lasting positive change in their lives. Our approach is to form collaborative partnerships with other nonprofits and public sector youth focused agencies which allows for leveraging the range of services provided. So What Else encourages our constituents to incorporate the "pay it forward" tenet into their value system. When someone does a good deed for you, pay it forward by doing a good deed for someone else.