2 people are interested
Volunteer Recruitment Specialist- Sound the Alarm/Home Fire Campaign
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Home Fire Campaign & Sound the Alarm Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
As a recruitment specialist on this team you’ll be focusing on recruitment of volunteers specifically for these home fire campaign and sound the alarm roles, and will be responsible for creating and utilizing a recruitment plan. You’ll do this by reaching out to local groups and organizations, through social media outreach, and through online recruitment avenues including Facebook, craigslist, HandsOnMaui, VolunteerMatch.org, community calendars, and other similar sites. This position is good for someone that is computer savvy, enjoys speaking with others, is comfortable making cold calls, sending emails and using social media. Template messages, talking points and recruitment flyers will be provided. You will need a reliable computer with internet access, must be willing to work virtually, and be willing to attend regular online meetings to coordinate with the disaster preparation department and the rest of the recruitment team. You’ll need to have 2-3 days a week availability for approx. 2-3 hours/day. After the STA events, this team will reach out to the volunteers that signed up on the day of, or those that are not regular volunteers with the RedCross and try to convert them into regular HFC volunteers.
All recruitment activities and events are being done virtually at this time due to COVID-19. In the future there will be opportunities for community engagement as well.
Works under the direction of the Sr. Volunteer Recruitment Specialist to recruit volunteers across the region. Helps to target specific groups of people to fill the open High-Need positions. Love networking? Have contacts in a specific organization, school or company? Are you great at Social Media?
Key Responsibilities for Recruiters:
* Recruits volunteers for all lines of service and departments.
* Meets weekly with Volunteer recruitment team to determine targeted recruitment needs in the region.
* Proactively recruits new volunteers for general and specific volunteer opportunities.
* Recruits current volunteers for new opportunities and leadership positions.
* Researches outreach events and fairs. Reaches out to community groups to set up recruitment presentations.
* Plans and carries out recruitment events in communities served by the region, for both identified partner groups and open-call interest meetings.
* Promotes volunteer opportunities at community events.
* Advertises and markets for open-call events.
* Assists new volunteers with initial online intake steps (i.e. submitting their online application)
* Able to work independently and provide feedback
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
All Hawaii Islands-virtualMililani, HI 96789
August 8, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Between now and March it will be about 2hours/week. From March-May it will be about 3-5 hours/week.
- Reliable computer and internet access, willing to make calls on your personal phone, comfortable doing cold calls, networking and speaking with people from diverse backgrounds.