Executive Admin Assistant
ASHE ARTS & STEM ACADEMY INC
Ashe Arts and STEM Academy
Executive Assistant: Admin Position Description
Title: Executive Assistant Intern: Administration
Number of Openings: 2
6 to 8-month (two semesters) assignment. 6 to 10 hours a week depending on the project(s)/task(s) assigned. Must be able to meet on at least 2 Saturdays out of the month.
The Executive Assistant Intern will be supervised and trained by AASA’s board president.
This position provides an opportunity to work with the board of a nonprofit organization, and gain experience in the nonprofit sector
The Ashe Academy is thrilled to open the door to a new opportunity with our family. The Ashe Academy's mission is to represent students of color who are interested in pursuing careers in ARTS and STEM fields, and help them achieve their educational goals through scholarships, mentorships, and parental engagement. We aim to facilitate the transition from student to professional.
This position requires working directly with the President of AASA’s Board of Directors.
Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Taking meeting minutes and distributing a summary amongst the team or board members
- Help coordinate and update board members
- Documenting policies, systems, and procedures
- Assist with digital filing on Google Drive
- Respond to board member inquiries when appropriate
- Event planning and coordination
- Manage the president’s and event calendars
- Analyzing/evaluating surveys and reports as necessary
- Research for projects as assigned
- Assist board members with projects when appropriate
Must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Office Suite
- Research experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to accomplish tasks independently
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be teachable/coachable
- Must be personable
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must patient and Courteous
- Must be flexible with an ability to shift priorities when necessary
- Must have a phone and computer
About ASHE ARTS & STEM ACADEMY INC
225 BLUEBERRY LN APT A, THOUSAND OAKS, CA 91360, US
To bridge the education gap for students of color pursuing Arts and STEM fields through Representation Centered Mentorships and Scholarships.
This foundation is focused on equity for students of color pursuing the arts, sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics fields.