Volunteer Web Developer/Designer
Autistic Women's Alliance
Summary: The Web Developer/Designer will perform a variety of tasks depending on project deadlines. This will include building the Autism Women’s Alliance website as directed by the IT Director. This position helps to extend the resources in the Autistic Women’s Alliance to assist and direct the needs of our members.
Required Qualifications - At least one year or equivalent experience
- HTML5 and CSS3
- WordPress or comparable WYSIWYG editors
- Knowledge of mobile responsive design
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards
Preferred Qualifications - 6 months or equivalent experience
- PHP and WordPress template design
- Bootstrap Framework
- Knowledge of visual design
- UX design
Responsibilities - 6 months or equivalent experience
- Design new pages and maintain those pages
- Participate in meetings and take on tasks when assigned
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Take the initiative and show leadership
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Autistic Women's Alliance
320 Turnstone Circle, Pittsburg, CA 94565, US
We are Autistic women connecting with and helping other autistic women in the professional space. Autistic Women's Alliance is an autistic run organization that encourages autistic women to think about, craft, embrace, and express their self-defined individuality within and beyond the workplace. We're non-cis male space for individuals that identify as women, or marginalized genders. This includes cis women, trans women, and non-binary individuals.
Autistic Women's Alliance aids autistic women to thrive in current or new careers through different ways that include peer mentoring, education, and community outreach. Our members may or may not be employed full time, or formally diagnosed. We encourage women that identify as autistic or as being neurodiverse to participate