3 people are interested
Fundraiser for Human Rights Organization
3 people are interested
We are seeking a fundraiser to assist OLLAA in achieving our fundraising targets for 2021. This volunteer fundraiser will work closely with our full-time fundraising and operations staff. He or she will participate in all aspects of fundraising from developing the campaign to campaign management, to donor relations.
If you are interested in joining an exciting organization in a vital role, consider applying to this opportunity. As a volunteer fundraiser, you will ensure that the advocacy, education, and community organizing work that we do is made possible.
Below is a general list of some of the activities you will be engaging in as a volunteer fundraiser. Please do not see this list as comprehensive. Your actual activities will be determined by your interests and availability.
- Raise funds for our cause
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution
- Create marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas where money can be saved
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
- Prior fundraising experience
About Oromo Legacy Leadership and Advocacy Association
800 W Broad St 100 #263, Falls Church, VA 22040, US
To be a force for human rights, women’s rights, and indigenous rights by empowering Oromo communities and collaborating across the globe through Advocacy and Development.
Who we are
OLLAA began in 2017 as the Coalition of Oromos for Human Rights and Democracy (COHRD). CORHD was an organization established to give voice to Oromo youth who were being killed, harassed, or imprisoned for the "crime" of protesting. In 2020, COHRD became OLLAA, a more comprehensive organization seeking to empower Oromos, neighbors & organizations to connect and thrive; not just merely exist or survive. OLLAA also means neighbors in Afaan Oromo.
What we do
OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights violations and encourage democratization; Youth leadership and Education-to connect generations; and women empowerment and cultural renaissance.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 18, 2021
- 5-10 hours/week