Support Military Members, Veterans and Their Families- Kalispell (Virtual)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you have an awareness and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' circumstances? As a Hero Care Network Regional Casework volunteer, you will support client needs and provide appropriate services. This can include providing information on services and referrals to other agencies. As well as follow-up activities such as making calls to determine if their needs are met, providing other actions as needed and timely client service.
Location: Virtual- from the comfort of your own home!
- Zero-to-Hero training provided! The initial training includes a series of online videos then you will work closely with staff or experienced volunteers until you feel comfortable taking casework on your own.
- Availability and willingness to make client contacts between 9am- 9pm. This includes leaving voicemails, responding to return calls, sending text messages and emails.
- Must have reliable phone, internet service and computer.
- Watch: opportunity in action https://vimeo.com/453695835
Benefits of volunteering with the America Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces:
- Gain experience in: social work, military/Veteran care and human services.
- On-going training opportunities and professional development.
- Support those that currently serve and those that have served our country.
- Volunteers will acquire a working knowledge of all available local, state, and federal resources meant to aid military members, families, and veterans.
Turn compassion into action! Go to www.redcross.org/volunteer to complete an application. Have questions? Click on the I want to Help button to email our team.
About American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Kalispell, MT 59901
May 19, 2022
- Case Work / Management
- Veteran Care
- Social Work
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment: After Zero-to-Hero training is an average of 5 hours per week with a committed schedule. The initial training includes a series of online videos that take approximately 25 hours to complete, followed by on-the-job virtual training.