Web Developer for NoSchoolViolence
NoSchoolViolence is looking for an outstanding Web Developer team to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our NoSchoolViolence website. Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsibile for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
About NOSCHOOLVIOLENCE ORG
8499 NE GRIZDALE LN, BAINBRIDGE IS, WA 98110, US
NoSchoolViolence is a Seattle-based behavioral research-data analytics organization. Its goal is to develop a variety of proactive approaches to reducing school and youth violence. Its data analytics, social science research, administrative, and school outreach teams reside in Seattle, Washington, while other virtual volunteers live elsewhere in the U.S., the UK, Europe and India.
The organization is a federal 501 (c) (3) (EIN: 82-1796339) and Washington state 501 (c) (3) (UBI# 603562651). Current partners include Microsoft, Elastic LLC, Alteryx, Washington State Capital Region ESD 113, Seattle Data for Good and the Seattle General Assembly. Conversations are in progress for partnerships with Google, Facebook, UNICEF, the CDC, university adolescent violence programs, and the Gates Foundation. To learn more about the Microsoft-NoSchoolViolence Partnership Program see: https://youtu.be/CrK3cXkw02c In 2017. NoSchoolViolencereceived an Elastic Humanitarian Award for its proof of concept search app- The Lantern-https://youtu.be/RTGx3D0ibEo.