7 people are interested
Volunteer Certified Internal Auditor
7 people are interested
Cross Over Community Development is looking to hire an Internal Auditor with brilliant accounting and analytical skills. Internal Auditors are expected to be organized with brilliant problem-solving skills and constantly deliver on tight deadlines. You should have an outstanding aptitude for math, strong IT skills, and superb communication skills.
Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
- Manage resources and audit assignments.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
- Degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting, or Financial Management (essential).
- Two years of work experience in an internal audit environment.
- Two years of Fraud Auditing experience.
- Accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Exceptional accounting skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
About CROSSOVER COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
PO Box 531, Dayton, OH 45401, US
VISION: Cross Over Community Development is a gateway to self-reliance, confidence, and dignity for immigrants, refugees, and underserved communities. Mission: Cross Over Community Development is a resource center for immigrants and underserved community that provide educational services and employment opportunities in the greater Dayton area.
Cross Over Community Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting immigrants and refugees in re-establishing high-quality lives for themselves and fully participating in the life of their new community.
Cross Over was named after the idea that African immigrants and refugees cross from areas of absolute poverty and come to the US with the hope of accessing opportunities, create wealth and escape poverty. Unfortunately, they find upon arrival here barriers after barriers mostly linked to their lack of functional skills, cultural awareness, appropriate education, transferable job skills as well as social connections and they get stuck with the first survival job they get upon arrival here, unable to move to the next level, many become underemployed and end up assimilating in the underclass which prevents them from realizing their dream of creating money, prosperity, and success.
It is against this backdrop that volunteers who have been involved with new immigrants’ issues formed a nonprofit called "Cross Over Community Development" intended to empower them with employment skills and job creations so that they can improve their quality of life and self-sufficiency. Our outreach programs to break the generational poverty will target both immigrants and underserved communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 7, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18