Fundraising Coordinator - Volunteer Position
PATRICKS KIDS FOUNDATION
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference by using your talents to help underserved segments of our society and help improve the quality of lives of children and young adults? Are you interested in supporting educational products that help children to learn? Do you enjoy connecting people with great causes? Do you have a passion for eradicating poverty and believe education is the key to this? If so you may be a perfect fit for us.
Your efforts will aid us in successfully securing necessary funds to continue bring our impactful programs to the underserved community. These additional resources will allow the foundation to expand its reach and to give hope by inspiring, motivating, connecting, and transforming the lives of these young people through education. We are excited to get started!
Please visit https://www.patrickskids.org/, https://www.facebook.com/patrickskids/, to learn about our labor of love and commitment to provide educational and literacy opportunities to deserving children and young adults in Haiti. We are excited to get started!
PKF is seeking for a Fundraising Coordinator to create a donor database, cultivate relationships with corporate and private donors. The Fundraising Coordinator position offers a great opportunity for a volunteer looking for a way to give back to the world as well as assisting the foundation to continue to give hope by inspiring, motivating, connecting, and transforming the lives of these young people through education.
PKF’s programs provides its scholars with an engaging and interactive educational experience that assists in school readiness, academic intervention and enrichment. We look forward to working with you to help improve the quality of lives of children and young adults in Haiti.
The Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for leading fundraising efforts to increase brand awareness and ultimately grow our community of donors. The objective is to spread our message and encourage our community of supporters to make donations to PKF by using any appropriate digital marketing outlets (website, blog, newsletter, etc.) and/or social media channels to promote active fundraising campaigns, encouraging public support.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative thinker
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people, businesses, and organizations
- Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Works well independently and proactively as part of a team.
- Nonprofit fundraising and/or event planning experience
- Clear understanding of the unique needs of nonprofit organizations
- Micro influencer with fundraising portfolio and large social media network is an asset
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a fundraising action plan
- Follow up on potential donor leads
- Plan, organize and host fundraising campaign for the organization
- Work with PKF Team to identify prospect and solicit major and corporate donors
- Help increase communications with supporters and current donors
- Send current and potential donors a newsletter on a monthly basis to keep them informed of how organization is doing.
- Identify and suggest fundraising opportunities; provide grant writing tools, prepare team budget quarterly and yearly.
- Identify, Contribute creative ideas for new fundraising opportunities
- Assist with the planning and management of PKF year-long fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with other volunteers on #GivingTuesday and year-end fundraising efforts
- Identify potential business partners as sponsors
- Contribute creative ideas for new fundraising opportunities
- Develop, monitor, review, and update all fundraising policies and ensure they are in line with current industry trends/standards
About PATRICKS KIDS FOUNDATION
1022 ROWANSHYRE CIR, MCDONOUGH, GA 30253, US
Help educate our scholars to become the leaders of tomorrow. We aspire to empower the next generation with the tools to help solve Haiti’s biggest challenges, by fostering teamwork, leadership, and community service. Leverage technology and our mentorship program to help close the education gap between Haiti and developed nations. OUR APPROACH: Help motivated, talented, industrious, service oriented, and resilient children and young adults with high moral character and integrity in Haiti obtain an exceptional education. We build solid partnerships with: our scholars and their parents; educational leaders in the community; and key stakeholders to reach our goals.
Patrick's Kids Foundation, Inc. (PKF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation based in McDonough Georgia, that provides academic Scholarships and mentorship to the brightest students in Haiti. Education has proven to be an important catalyst to promote positive social and economic change in developing countries and serves as a dynamic tool to empower communities to shape their future. Accordingly, Early Childhood Education (ECE) is fundamental to helping Haiti achieve its full potential, as it not only serves as a developmental stepping-stone for higher education, but it also plants the seeds to cultivate a healthy community of educated members and leaders. A dynamic and educated citizenry is at the heart and the key driver of transformative development of a community. PK fundamentally believes that a robust ECE is critical to help achieve sustainable social and economic change in Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti (FDBH) and the country at large. Specifically, ECE development will help to nurture a cadre of young leaders with the tools, knowledge and expertise to leverage their resources to uplift the community. PKF manifests its commitment to ECE through a robust Scholarship and mentorship program.