Bcauseican Inc in Washington, DC is looking for mentors to join our virtual team. Our ideal candidate is attentive, ambitious, and hard-working. Your role will be to act as a mentor to a group of boys. You will lead group meetings virtually through Zoom.
- Provide a positive and nurturing emotional environment.
- Teach and talk about topics such as cyber bullying, careers, and day to day troubles.
- Develop caring relationships with the boys.
- Provide emotional assistance to students during tough times.
- Experience working as a mentor.
- Ability to remain patient and positive with students.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to commit to the rest of the school year (May 20201) or longer.
Classes will start at the end of January/Beginning of February. Classes will be after school, but likely during business hours. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
About BCAUSEICAN INC
7600 Ora Glen Dr #1003, Greenbelt, MD 20770, US
We take a holistic approach in providing instruction, advice and guidance to teen and preteen youth in underserved communities in order to promote physical, social, and fiscal health and growth.
BCAUSEICAN conducts computer literacy and financial literacy classes. The computer literacy classes focuses on developing the techniques and skills to support STEM by introducing students to the basics of coding. The computer literacy classes target youth from 6-12. The financial literacy classes focuses on stock market education. The students learn the terminology and concepts of the stock market and eventually learn to simulate day trading. The financial literacy classes target middle school to high school students. We have been conducting classes for 2 years in the SHAW Community in NW Washington, DC.