HUCA : College Recruiting Manager
Copy this link to your browser to apply to this position: https://volunteers- jerseystem.icims.com
This pro bono volunteer position oversees the Coach recruiting function for a specific college/university. This position has the opportunity to scale a team to support the JerseySTEM’s mission, and have the opportunity to bring creative ideas to develop recruiting programs and streamline processes associated with the entire recruitment function.
Please note: This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
- Own the entire life cycle of the recruiting process to onboarding
- Oversee the marketing of JerseySTEM, including leveraging social media to reach college students
- Lead a team of recruiting partners and college student volunteers, ensuring they are meeting their targets
- Partner with COME in identifying college student Coach headcount plans
- Streamline process for candidate/hiring manager experience as needed
- Ad-hoc Human Capital projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite and ATS systems (iCIMS a plus)
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Excellence communication skills (verbal and written)
- Operationally-savvy, can think big picture
- Experience leading a team
- Experience with Talent Acquisition/Recruiting Operations
- Previous background with streamlining processes and creating recruiting programs is preferred
- Experience with start-up/ non-profit environment is preferred
Weekly Time Commitment
- 8 hours/week; 6 month commitment
Location Virtual position: volunteers use their personal wifi and computer.Copy this link to your browser to apply to this position: https://volunteers- jerseystem.icims.com
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.