DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Creates, oversees and delivers Play Like a Girl programming, hands-on activities and STEM resources for middle school (grades 5-8) girls. Current program offerings include summer camp, after-school clubs, sports clinics, corporate field trips, makerspace workshops, hackathons, coding and robotics challenges, community outreach events and other programs of varying length and frequency.
- Contributes to the overall vision and planning of educational programming.
- Develops and implements hands-on and creative activities for students for virtual and in-personal learning.
- Designs and constructs STEM experiments for student projects, activities and demonstrations.
- Brings STEM to life for girls using methods that engage and excite them.
- Provides leadership, mentorship and instructional coaching for students from varying grade levels and learning preferences.
- Designs hands-on STEM curricula, experiments, activities, projects and demonstrations drawing from your own unique background and resource to inspire their students to take risks, see failure as key for innovation, develop growth mindset and grit, and encourage exploration and discovery through STEM, the arts, etc.
- Works and collaborates with Play Like a Girl staff and volunteers, interacts weekly with families and community members, and are representatives of Play Like a Girl in the communities they serve.
- Maintains a creative and fun STEM-oriented environment that empowers young girls to develop a deep love of learning and confidence in STEM.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the STEM-related concepts and principles.
- Performs complex tasks typically following established processes.
- Primarily focused on administering established policies and procedures but may have some impact on budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural change.
- Leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Planning skills.
Education and experience
Typically requires junior or senior-year coursework towards a bachelor’s degree or certification in teaching and at least 2 years of experience teaching in the classroom, camp, museum, team or group setting. STEM education and/or sport experience working with middle school students a plus. CPR/First Aid certified. Sexual Harassment, Mandated Reporter & Active Shooter Training required. Must pass FBI criminal background check.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Play Like a Girl is an equal opportunity employer. Play Like a Girl is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Daughters of all staff and volunteers attend all Play Like a Girl programs and events for free!Job Category: Program People Job Type: Internship Job Location: Nashville
About Play Like a Girl!®
4117 Hillsboro Pike, Suite 103-129, Nashville, TN 37215, US
Play Like a Girl! is a 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to equality and economic opportunity for girls. We envision a world where all girls have the opportunity to realize their full potential. We are on a bold mission to level the playing field by leveraging sport to build a diverse pipeline of young women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers. To accomplish this, we deliver a cost-effective and innovative experience that goes beyond the playing field to build confidence and inspire leadership in girls during the critical middle school years. Governed by a 13-member volunteer Board of Directors, Play Like a Girl directly benefits more than 1,250 girls and women through year-round programs and events. Our multi-year program model harnesses the collective power of collegiate and professional women to coach and mentor girls, helping them develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Play Like a Girl! is a hip, innovative and inspiring resource for girls’ health, powered by a creative online network, targeted community outreach and live events. We are committed to educating girls, but play is at the center of everything we do. With a decade of experience, our charitable brand is now a leading provider of evidence-based prevention programs tackling childhood obesity. Our volunteer staff works side by side with our girls to inspire them to live a happier, healthier and more active lifestyle by promoting sport and physical activity as a path to lifelong success.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 12, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training