Kindred Hospice Volunteers Needed in Flagler County
ORGANIZATION: Gentiva Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- The desire to give your time, talents and heart in support of hospice patients and their families.
- Be at least 18 years old to volunteer directly with patients.
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- A background check, fingerprinting, TB test and drug screening (all at no cost).
- Must be able to drive self to see patient; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes.
Types of patient care might include:
- Conducting life review
- Providing companionship/ socialization
- Providing caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Performing/playing music
- Creating art/doing crafts directly with the patient
Scheduling is flexible; hours vary depending on need and your schedule.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Gentiva Hospice
160 Cypress Point Pkwy, Suite D-104, Palm Coast, FL 32164, US
Gentiva’s Mission Statement: To provide exceptional care with empathy for our patients and their families so they may live with comfort, dignity and respect.
Gentiva’s Vision Statement: To be the first choice of patients, families, healthcare providers and associates for home care services.
Multiple locations Palm Coast, FL 32135
August 25, 2022
- Elder care
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours 1 x week.
- **MUST BE FULLY COVID VACCINATED.** Dependability and reliability. Able to keep consistent schedule.